Sunday 15 February 2015

Week 20 - Stylised (Butcher) Character Final Concept, Model Progress & Life Drawing

Final Concept


I chose the 1st idea in row C. It looked the most natural to me, and it didn't have any cold colours. I could always change some of its areas and colours, in case it won't look as planned when modelled in 3DS Max.

Butcher Model Progress






I focused on mostly modelling using quads, not traingles as it would be easier to work with. This way my model has loops in its topology, allowing me to edit it faster.

The toughest part to model was the first, and that was the head. Adjusting all the edges and verts to make the loops even was taking me a very long time. I needed to time away from it so I moved onto the body and ontinued blocking out its shapes. I had much better progress with the body so far.

The area under the aproon was hard to get to, to see clearly what I was modelling there, as my view was blocked by other parts of the model. Even the x-ray mode wasn't helping much as it was hard to tell which edges were the right ones.

Life Drawing


8.2.15




The simpler drawings, such as those done with straight lines or with strong pencil marks have helped me see how I could define a 3 dimensional form/shape. I hope to now know better how to define these using limited tools, mediums, materials or even geometry (especially when modelling in 3DS Max). I really like how I used the darker/softer pencil to separate sections of the body and push some limbs more toward me by darkening the area behind them.

No comments:

Post a Comment