Sunday 22 February 2015

Week 21 - Stylised (Butcher) Character Model Progress & Life Drawing

Butcher Model Progress



Eventually I was getting near completion of my model, so I went back to correcting the head and fixing its topology. I finally fixed the head structure and it started to really resemble my appearance. When it comes to the hairstyle, I decided to block out a basic one, as giving it a more 3 dimensional shape would use up too many triangles. I will make sure I texture this area correctly to improve it and hide its simplistic shape. The area I'm most happy about is the nose and mouth loops as they turned out surprisingly good to me. I wasn't expecting these to look so similar to mine.

Unwrapped Model


































The first unwrapped sections of the model. This texture is going to be a 1024x1024 24bit Targa. I unwrapped only half of the model, as I wanted to use more of the texture space to get more details. The textured half of the body can then be copied, mirrored and attached to complete the model. What's seen here is unwrapped arms, hands, aproon, shirt, trousers and head.
The next unwrapped texture, next week is going to be a 512x512 24bit Targa.

Life Drawing

16.2.15



Drawings like the large, brown one above were really useful too. I worked really hard on imitating the strong foreshortening here. This isn't easy, but I think my choice of medium was of advantage to me, as I used charcoal and white chalk. These materials, in combination with brown midtone paper, have helped me add the darks, as well as the whites to give my piece a stronger "feel" of depth. I'm really happy about this one. Also, during this session we did not have a model so we had various students pose for eachother (different body types and heights). I was really happy about this brave pose one of my class mates did for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment